Monday, November 23, 2009

Catchin' the Horse!

I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat. In all honesty I've been waking up like this for about.. I don't know how long. But today I had a runny nose too. As the day wore on my voice began to fade. Finally this afternoon I vacillated from having no voice to sounding more like a man than I usually do.
When I picked up the kids from school they all immediately noticed my lack of usual sound. I told them, "I don't know what the deal is, my throat hurt and now my voice is hoarse."

As we continued our drive Naomi asked me, "Do you think I'm gonna catch the horse?". I had to ask her what she meant 'cause I'd forgot my earlier comment. But when I realized she was asking if she was also going to loose her voice I had to keep myself from laughing and just say.. "I hope not!".

It's so funny how they hear what you say so differently from what you mean!

1 comment:

  1. See, I told you you were a natural! This is great and the kids will give you lots of material to write about. Oh I guess your pretty good at coming up with your own stuff too!(see previous post)Loving you always , mom

    ReplyDelete