Thursday, August 19, 2010

An Update and Bit of Clarification

I'm three weeks into this new way of eating.  I've lost 8lbs.  My body fat % is down about 2 points.  I haven't been exercising very often, maybe 1-2 times a week.  I have found something I enjoy doing for exercise though. There is a track at the field where Ethan is practicing football.  I've found that walking two corners and one straight away and running the other straight away is doable and even enjoyable!  After the first two weeks of "cleanse" time I began using the weight loss "supplements" that were suggested to my husband as being something to help reach my goal quicker.  This is a short term additive to my diet, whereas the food portion of my diet is a lifelong healthy eating habit I am forming.

I've been waking up earlier getting prepared for school to start.  The first week, 5:30 was easy.  This week 6:30 is as early as I've been up.  There are many reasons and excuses as to why I can't seem to wake up by then.  I'll spare you that and just say it is better than 9:00!  (which is what I was doing 2 weeks ago!)

My house has been clean and continues to get cleaner, due to being up earlier and implementing The Daily 7 technique I talked about in my previous post.

Next week the lessons for the kids school are going to be online and ready for me to set up schedules for.  I'm hoping to go through the mountain of books sent to us and set aside the ones we won't need right away as well as browse through and familiarize myself with the ones we will be using.  I have no idea how teaching 4 kids in different grade levels will work.  I am preparing myself for the possibility of a frustrating and tiring first couple of weeks.  Of course we pray it won't be that way.

I want to share my "second breakfast" with you.  Because, it was delicious and so easy!

Creamy Fruity Oatmeal:
1/2c Oatmeal
2Tbl. Dried Fruit
1c Water
1/4tsp Salt

Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and heat again for 30 seconds or until water is absorbed.

Add:
2tsp Milk (I used soy)
2tsp Honey

Not only did I enjoy this very much, but it was quick and filling.. until I eat again in two hours!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Why to go Idaho! You're doing great and are encouraging me in the process.
    I will be thinking of you these next few weeks as you begin schooling your kids. Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete