Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What'd she say?

I told you my Valentine card to my husband sings a song.  I also told you my Annah has an affinity for it.  So does my Jesse guy.  I don't know why.. it's kinda funny and very adorable.
I keep hearing Annah singing it.  "I think we're a-lawn-ga".. and I die inside every time!
In her stubbornness she won't listen to me and change the "words" to what they really are!  She is such a strong headed little girl. 


She is so smart too!  She is sitting through the second time of watching the end of "Akeelah and the Bee".  While she was rewinding it she asked me,

" Mom how do you spell pig?"

Wanting her to remember that she knows how to spell it I reminded her how to listen to the sounds of the word to find the letters.

"P-I-G" she said.

I smiled and said, "May I have the definition please" (yes I get that the speller usually asks this not the "judge" but that's the joy of pretending!  You don't have to do it the way it's "supposed" to be done!)

She smiled and said,, "uh.. I don't know"

I asked, "What is a pig."

She said, "it's fat and it rolls in the mud".

She played along with that one but when she spelled our family member's names and I asked for definitions she just shook her head and said, "uh--- No."

I don't know that anyone else would find this funny just reading it.  That's where I'm at an advantage.  I get her by my side all day.. every day.  She's my little side-kick!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your stories about you, your family and life. It is a blessing to me to see and hear how much you enjoy the place that you are in life, by recognizing and enjoying the gift God intended when he designed the family, Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete